Before you submit a sample or the full manuscript
I receive many manuscripts with simple errors that increase the time I have to spend working on the manuscript. Doing a few simple things prior to submitting will likely lower your bill, and it will help me to work on the more important things instead of forcing me to linger on little things that you could have fixed in your revisions.
All manuscripts are based on these guidelines. For example, my ten-page sample edit will not be based off of your ten-point single-spaced document. Please ensure your manuscript follows these guidelines. It will help both of us; I promise.
- Double-spaced lines (Paragraph formatting –> Spacing –> Drop-down to “Double”)
- One space after each sentence (Ctrl+F –> *insert two spaces* –> Replace with one space
- Auto-indent—no tabs and no spaces for your new paragraphs (Ctrl+F –> ^t –> Delete all tabs –> Paragraph formatting –> Indentation –> Special drop-down to “First line”)
- No bold words or underlined words unless it’s part of your nonfiction book’s styling
- Insert page breaks after the end of every chapter
- All fonts will be changed to Times New Roman for editing unless they are in a similar serif font style (Garamond, Georgia, etc.)
- All fonts will be changed to twelve points unless it’s specific to a nonfiction formatting consistency (heads, subheads, labels, etc.)
If you’re ready to submit a sample edit, click here.
If you need to review the details of each of my editing services, click here.
Finish a novel? Get a free ten-page sample edit!
If your novel is more than 50,000 words, I'll edit ten pages for free! I want you to know what kind of editor I am. Subscribe to my blog below so you don't miss out, and I'll send you a link to my form so you can get your edit and a personalized cost sheet for each of my offered services.
Success! Now check your email to confirm.
Subscribe to my blog
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.